A pipe can be defined as a conduit made of various materials such as metal, plastic, wood, concrete or fiberglass. Pipes and fittings are used to transport liquids, gases, slurries or other particles. A piping system usually consists of many different fittings that are selected depending on the design. Pumps, heat exchangers, valves and tanks are also part of the piping system.
Piping systems are the main artery of industrial processes and play a special role in advancing the activities of most factories and workshops. Pipes and fittings make up a significant portion of the total factory costs, which is equivalent to one-third of the total investment. Fittings located in a confined area pose a major challenge for plumbing and industrial support engineers.
Clean and safe water is a necessity in residential or commercial buildings. Therefore, construction project contractors are always looking for the best option for it. In the past, metal pipes were used as water pipes for transportation and water supply. However, as we all know, metals often rust or corrode and cause a lot of trouble during installation. UPVC pipe (UPVC pipe) is an ideal option to solve this problem. Plastic pipes initially spread well among the people. But the advancement of technology and the development of new devices led to more experiments on different materials to get the right combination for different uses. One of these experiments led to the development of a material called polyvinyl chloride (PVC). This material promised significant progress in this area. One of the most popular types of PVC is known as UPVC, which has proven its use in many industries. In the following article, we will review UPVC pipe and its applications in different industries.
PVC pipe is one of the most popular products in the world of construction, which has been used for about 80 years. These pipes are stronger than the previous pipes, are resistant to corrosion and show less expansion and contraction. These features make the use of PVC pipe as a water pipe and vino hydropol very efficient. Stay tuned for the rest of this article to explore the different features of this product.
PVC pipe raw materials
As mentioned earlier, polyvinyl chloride with the chemical formula (C2H3Cl) is the constituent material of PVC pipe. This material is formed after the polymerization process of another material called vinyl chloride monomer. PVC solvents include tetrahydrofuran (THF) and dimethylformamide (DMF). It is worth noting that the melting temperature of this material is between 100 and 250 degrees Celsius.
Polyvinyl chloride does not have a high crystallinity, which makes it strong and hard. This has made the use of PVC pipes in pipes and construction fittings very popular among global companies. It is also somewhat sensitive to light and heat, and hydrogen chloride is released. PVC is actually a hard plastic that becomes soft and flexible by adding lubricants.
Various sizes of PVC pipes
Different sizes of PVC pipes make it possible and economical to use them for all purposes. In the following table, we see the types of PVC pipe sizes along with their thickness and application in different parts of the building:
UPVC stands for Unplasticized polyvinyl chloride. Due to its high resistance to chemicals and natural elements, this material is considered as an ideal choice for plumbing residential and commercial buildings. PVC pipe is harder than PVC pipe and no additional polymer is used in its structure. We see the different properties of this material below.
UPVC pipe has properties that make it very suitable for piping in building complexes. Some of these features are as follows:
– High resistance to corrosion: Compared to cast iron and galvanized pipes, PVC pipe has a very high resistance to corrosion, strong and alkaline acids, rust and scaling. When using these tubes, you no longer need to worry about things like water yellowing.
– Low friction against fluids: The standard of UPVC pipe is such that it has a very smooth surface and shows little resistance to fluid movement. The surface roughness coefficient of PVC pipe is only 0.009.
– High mechanical strength: UPVC pipe has a very high strength against high water pressure and impact. This tube (pressure tube) can withstand atmospheric pressure of 110 for one hour at room temperature, without cracking.
Hygienic and non-toxic: PVC pipe uses a lead-free salt system. Therefore, these pipes do not affect the quality of water and do not change its internal materials.
– Light texture and easy installation: The density of PVC pipe is one fifth of ordinary cast iron and therefore it is very easy to transport and install. PVC connections are made using special adhesive paste or elastic seals.
– Compatibility with different temperatures in water supply pipes: The temperature range of UPVC pipe is in the room temperature range. When the temperature is low, their fragility usually increases and as the temperature rises, their strength will decrease. Therefore, it is better to consider this product more for residential buildings.
Proper resistance to water penetration: These pipes can be used 15 minutes after installation. The resistance of UPVC pipe fittings will reach 12.5 / C or more and will not decrease after years of use.
Important Note: Note that building plumbing is one of the items that will remain intact for many years, so it is better to do it with enough information. If you have any questions, you can contact Vino Plastic consultants.
The interesting chemical composition of UPVC pipe has made it efficient to use in many construction and industrial projects. The manufacturers of this product often provide the necessary instructions to the buyers before the sale, so that they can make the appropriate choice in choosing the pipes and fittings with full knowledge. In the following, we will review some applications of these pipes.
Applications of PVC pipes and fittings
The interesting chemical composition of UPVC pipe has made it efficient to use in many construction and industrial projects. The manufacturers of this product often provide the necessary instructions to the buyers before the sale, so that they can make a suitable choice in choosing the pipes and fittings with full knowledge. In the following, we will review some applications of these pipes.
1. Urban water piping (indoor water supply and outdoor city water pipes) : Since PVC pipe has good resistance to acidic and alkaline materials and at the same time does not have problems such as rust and corrosion, use it for transmission Urban water is highly recommended. Also, the useful life of these pipes is very long and they will not need any repair for a long time.
۲. Drip irrigation systems: Using these pipes in a drip irrigation system can reduce water consumption by 50 to 70%. PVC pipe is also very suitable for distributing pesticides. Many farmers consider it a great option for this.
3. Rainwater pipes and gutters: The high ductility of PVC pipes has led manufacturers to use them with open arms to carry rainwater.
4. Insulation for data wires: UPVC material is considered as an excellent insulator and is used to insulate data wires.
5. Chemical transfer: As mentioned, PVC pipe is resistant to acidic and alkaline materials. Therefore, it is used in many laboratories to transfer chemicals.
6. Door and window manufacturing: Most modern door and window manufacturing workshops now use PVC raw material to produce their products. Because they have a long life and also have good durability against different weather conditions.
Quality of PVC pipes
UPVC pipes should not be confused with polyethylene pipes. Often no additives are added to the polyethylene pipes, as this will make them very brittle. Unfortunately, many manufacturers use a substance called filler in their product line, which greatly reduces the quality of the products.
PVC pipe is more fragile and drier in appearance. The standard of UPVC pipe is that this product should be somewhat soft and show good flexibility against impact. Many plastic pipes are mistakenly given to consumers and you should be very careful when buying these products.
UPVC pipes should not be confused with polyethylene pipes. Often no additives are added to the polyethylene pipes, as this will make them very brittle. Unfortunately, many manufacturers use a substance called filler in their product line, which greatly reduces the quality of the products. PVC pipe is more fragile and drier in appearance. The standard of UPVC pipe is that this product should be somewhat soft and show good flexibility against impact. Many plastic pipes are mistakenly given to consumers and you should be very careful when buying these products.
Differences between UPVC and PVC pipes
In general, PVC is not used for window frames. Because compared to PVC, they have less resistance to different weather conditions. UPVC pipes have less impact on the chemical composition of materials. For this reason, they are widely used in medical equipment. For example, PVC is sometimes used as a tooth retainer. On the other hand, PVC pipes have a much longer lifespan than PVC pipes and are much easier to recycle.
But the most important issue is HCl (hydrogen chloride) vapors, which will be released into the environment if the temperature rises. This substance is often found in phthalates used in PVC. Of course, the use of this substance has been largely restricted or banned in recent years. Dibutyl, benzyl butyl and DEHP are among the banned phthalates. However, no cases of damage to the environment of PVC pipes have been reported so far.
Price of UPVC pipe
Manufacturers of PVC pipes use different compounds and additives in their products. Each of these compounds in turn affects the price of these pipes. Each of these additives can prepare the pipe for use in a variety of conditions, such as surface projects or underground spaces. This is often an important factor in determining the price of a UPVC pipe.
Similarly, factors such as diameter and thickness will play a role in determining the price of PVC pipe. It is worth noting that some well-known letter manufacturers, such as Vino Plastic, allow customers to place their orders in special forms to suit their needs. This will naturally affect the price of these products.
Buy PVC pipe
The purchase and use of any product during the construction process should be done entirely on the basis of sufficient information about its capabilities and compatibility with the project in question. Negligence in this regard will cost you a lot. Because most of the building’s water and sewer pipes run underground. If you are looking to buy suitable products for the plumbing of your residential, office or industrial building, the experts of Vino Plastic company can provide you with the necessary advice.